EMLA's masterclasses reflect current leading edge thinking on leadership both within and outside of the NHS. Sessions will build on best practice perspectives around topical leadership challenges.
If you have any queries about this masterclass series, please contact 0115 748 4277 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Power of Story: Why Storytelling is a Critical Tool for Leaders
6th December, 2017 - Trent Vineyard, Nottingham
This one day masterclass teaches the fundamentals of being a storyteller-leader.
Storytelling communicates in a way nothing else does. It is much more than a tool or a technique.
Being a storyteller is a way of being that inspires others and empowers them. Stories help us to make sense of organisations, create new possibilities and shape our shared future. Leaders who are storytellers embody the changes they are seeking.
Stories are our personal and social “centre of gravity; our minds and our brains respond to stories more actively, more widely and more comprehensively than to any other form of communication. Our minds literally “light up” when we hear a story
During this masterclass you will:
- Learn how to create stories from your own experience that build relationships and support change.
- Develop the qualities it takes to be storyteller-leader.
- Understand the structure of great stories.
- Find out how to shape and craft a story that engages and empowers others and leaves them moved, touched and motivated.
- Discover how to help others re-author stories that are stuck.
- Learn how to use stories to create new meaning, possibility and perspective