Our programmes offer a range of learning and development opportunities tailored towards staff looking to advance their leadership skills within their own organisation, as well as for the benefit of the broader health and social care system.
Enabling people to lead across a system (systems leadership) is at the heart of our offer. We have ensured that the four underpinning elements of our systems leadership model are woven throughout all of our programme activity:
- Individual Effectiveness
- Relationships and Connectivity
- Innovation and Improvement
- Learning and Capacity Building
We hold a unique position in the health and social care landscape, and so are well-placed to facilitate the changes required to ensure more seamless care pathways for patients. Our vision is, “To drive the improvement of services for our patients, carers and service users through effective and inclusive leadership which is developed in collaboration with and through a strong customer focus". In this, our seventh year of service, our core principles also remain relevant and sustainable. These are:
- To promote leadership for a purpose to improve the experience of patients and carers
- To translate national and regional policy requirements at a local level to improve services for patients, carers and service users through effective and inclusive leadership
- To promote inclusive approaches to leadership emphasising development opportunities for under-represented groups
- To provide stretching, innovative and high impact development opportunities and interventions to support leaders across the East Midlands.
We look forward again this year to working closely with our membership in the transformation planning for our region, and to facilitate change within our system in line with the Five Year Forward View.