The Power of Story: Why Storytelling is a Critical Tool for Leaders
Wednesday, 6th December, 2017 9:30am to 4:30pm
About the Day
This one day masterclass teaches the fundamentals of being a storyteller-leader.
Storytelling communicates in a way nothing else does. It is much more than a tool or a technique.
Being a storyteller is a way of being that inspires others and empowers them. Stories help us to make sense of organisations, create new possibilities and shape our shared future. Leaders who are storytellers embody the changes they are seeking.
Stories are our personal and social “centre of gravity; our minds and our brains respond to stories more actively, more widely and more comprehensively than to any other form of communication. Our minds literally “light up” when we hear a story
During this masterclass you will:
- Learn how to create stories from your own experience that build relationships and support change.
- Develop the qualities it takes to be storyteller-leader.
- Understand the structure of great stories.
- Find out how to shape and craft a story that engages and empowers others and leaves them moved, touched and motivated.
- Discover how to help others re-author stories that are stuck.
- Learn how to use stories to create new meaning, possibility and perspective
Who Should Attend?
This masterclass is open to leaders from EMLA's membership organisations.
How to Book
Online booking closed. To book a place please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0115 748 4277