OD in Practice (APPLICATION POINT)
Monday, 30th October, 2017 9:00amSign up for event
About the Programme
The East Midlands Leadership Academy is pleased to announce the Organisational Development (OD) in Practice Programme 2017/18 is now open for applications!
This new style OD programme has been designed to support and challenge individuals who are doing formal OD work by bringing in new OD thinking and approaches to broaden existing professional capabilities i.e. clinical or leadership practice. It offers a creative and innovative approach to OD development, designed for organisations to really shape what OD across the service needs to look like going forward. Whether we are comfortable with change or not, it’s clear that we need to start thinking differently if we are to continue to deliver person centred care that is free at the point of delivery. This OD In Practice programme is not about quick fix solutions but a belief that lasting value comes from working with you to design real practical solutions; practical solutions that enable and engage the OD community to make change happen.
Prospective delegates need to note that this OD experience will be about you, designing and delivering OD solutions that meet the demands of today’s NHS. This will be about deepening your understanding of OD through experiencing the full breadth of the change curve yourself- from the uncomfortable ambiguity and uncertainty of the early stages of the process through to using energy to create enablement, facilitation and a stronger sense of engagement with your organisational needs- all under the guidance of our professional team.
The programme will deliver:
- An understanding of, and the skills to apply, a comprehensive OD curriculum that works effectively across the system
- An understanding through experience of the whole health economy and where OD sits
- Real work outputs for organisations through the various projects and work stream
- Support in implementing effective OD across the region through the building of confidence and capability
- Development of existing work in continuing to grow a supportive community of practice amongst OD professionals
What you’ll experience
‘’Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember, involve me and I learn’’ – Benjamin Franklin
The OD in Practice programme is nine months long with a minimum of 1 hour per week of online study, plus seven face-to-face behavioural workshops delivered locally by you, the participants, along with 3 facilitated action learning sets. There will be times on the programme where you may be required to increase time spent– particularly when building collaborative relationships to design pieces of work.
Learning is accessed through:
- The programme’s developed virtual campus, which includes, interactive content, discussion forums and online resources
- Two-day launch event where you will have an opportunity to explore the programme and approach, meet new colleagues from across the system and get some welcome initial feedback on your preferences as an OD practitioner.
- Seven one-day face to face skills workshops delivered by you - working with expert advisors to help you shape what’s needed. The co design of the units is an important part of the programme.
- Participants will use their knowledge of what the system needs (driven by the current context of a truly collaborative service – new models of care etc) to shape unique experiences for their colleagues. A real chance to shape something new, innovative and immediately relevant.
- Interactive Action learning sets throughout the programme
- Your colleagues - to work with diverse participants, the programme is organised on the principles of an approach known as Self-Managed Learning (SML). This approach enables you to take responsibility and accountability for what you choose to focus on within the overall framework and spirit of this programme. You will also support and be supported by your peers. Support should be about challenge and feedback – you’ll be encouraged to learn from each other as you progress.
- You’ll shape your own personal OD project as you progress – one that should come out of personal and organisational need.
Who is it for?
The OD Essentials programme is aimed at individuals:
- Who are passionate about making a real difference to organisational success and who want to build their confidence, capability and understanding of OD practice
- With diverse backgrounds
- From different areas within the health and social care system
- Who have strong organisational and sponsor/line manager support to enable development during and after the programme
How to Apply
To apply for this programme, you'll first need to register your details using the purple 'sign up for event' button in the top right hand corner of this page. You will then be sent an application form via email within 5 working days. Please return your filled out application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 27th October, 2017, with the subject heading 'OD in Practice Application'.
You will find further information about the programme in the document below, entitled 'Information Pack', but should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact either:
Lucy Titterton, Programme Coordinator - email@example.com
Amy Foster, Programme Lead - firstname.lastname@example.org