Facilitating Change Skills
Thursday, 19th October, 2017 9:00am to Friday, 20th October, 2017 5:00pm
Sorry, event is full
About the Programme
Designed for individuals who facilitate discussions about change in their organisation or across a range of stakeholders, this programme builds confidence in managing complex conversations. Facilitators often experience:
- People in the group struggling with confusion and ambiguity
- A group of individuals with different expectations and needs
- Difficulties with managing the strong feelings of people in the group
- A range of assumptions based on organisational culture
All of these can act as barriers to effective collective action. The programme is built around a series of participant driven workshops focusing on the tools and techniques most relevant to those taking part.
Working in a way that is responsive to the needs of the group, the two day programme will explore:
- Learning from experience of change and engagement
- Understanding the transformation challenges for individuals
- The dynamics and stages of group formation
- Facilitation at its best – unleashing the power to engage people in change
- Facilitating diverse voices to work with the power of diversity
- Courageous facilitation and conflict resolution – facilitating in the zone of uncomfortable debate
- Working with the blockers and enablers of change
- Developing your transformational storytelling ability to engage and excite people in change
- Organisational consultancy techniques, such as Appreciative Inquiry, Scenario Planning and creative thinking.
About our Facilitators
We are delighted to be working in partnership with Tracey Hartshorn and Bev Southern-Warburton of Tracey Hartshorn and Associates. Tracey and Bev bring a wealth of experience in facilitating change, training and also bring their coaching experience to support the facilitative nature of this workshop. In particular, they will enable and support individuals to better understand themselves and others. "
Please note: Delegates will be expected to complete some pre-work in advance of attending the session. This will be sent out with the confirmation of place email.
Who Should Attend
This programme is open to all NHS Leaders from EMLA's membership organisations. You can check your organisation's eligibility status here.